The UC Davis LL.M. program integrates American and international law students at all levels of study and provides LL.M. candidates with a broad curriculum of many different courses over ten months of study. Through the LL.M. program, international law graduates are able to gain a basic knowledge of the U.S. legal system and also have the opportunity to develop special expertise in a particular area of law. Come to King Hall for our:
- General - Customized LL.M.: Working with the program director, you will tailor your curriculum to either gain a basic knowledge of the U.S. legal system, or to focus on any area of legal scholarship supported by King Hall's world-class curricula. The General LL.M. is designed to fit each student's needs, including preparation for a bar exam.
- LL.M. with a Pre-Planned Specialized Area of Study: Select a specific area of focus based on the School of Law curriculum. Our law school curriculum offers many areas of focus. Common selections include business law, private or public international law, criminal law and procedure, intellectual property, human rights and social justice law, public interest law, environmental and natural resources law, health law and bioethics and many others in our School of Law curriculum.
- Two-Year Extended and Two-Year Advanced LL.M. Options: For some students, a longer period of study is vital to meeting educational and career goals.
- Spring Start LL.M. Option: For some students, starting the LL.M. program in spring semester is vital to meeting educational and career goals.
- Bar Preparation: The UC Davis School of Law also provides excellent preparation to participants who choose to take a Bar examination.
All LL.M. students are invited to take advantage of our pre-LL.M. programs. Learn US academic preparation skills, fundamentals of the US legal system, improve your English, and prepare for your LL.M.