Maastricht University has a vibrant alumni community: a global network of more than 70,000 graduates. We are keen on staying in touch with our graduates who are living and working all over the world. In order to do so, we host an Alumni Portal and facilitate Alumni Circles in 32 cities in 16 countries.
Without a doubt, our graduates are internationally oriented:
- they have studied in an international classroom where half of the students came from abroad
- most of our programmes are offered in English
- most of our programmes have a distinctly international outlook
- nearly 40% have studied or done an internship abroad
- they have been taught by academic staff members, of whom 40% come from abroad and most of whom are involved in international research partnerships
Working closely with other international students has successfully prepared UM graduates for the rapidly changing global labour market. They are in high demand from employers who often praise their intercultural communication, teamwork and problem-solving skills.